Friday, April 15, 2011

No snappy title: Playoffs.

It's that time of year again. The only time that my blog is dependable, consistent, and well . . . predictable. That's right, it's NBA Playoff time. I actually write a lot of potential blog posts, but I never get around to finalizing them. I have 15 rough drafts last time I checked. Anyway, that's beside the point. It's PLAYOFF TIME!

Each year, I generally post two different brackets. One represents what I want to happen, and the other represents what I think will actually happen. Well, get ready for me to blow your mind, because in a pure stroke of serendipitous luck, what I want to happen, and what I think will happen are one in the same. Of course, as most of you know, my picks to win it all this year (and every previous year) are as follows, in order of importance: 1, the Spurs; and 2, anyone but the Lakers. Usually there is a number 3, anyone but the Jazz, but since they didn't even make it to the Playoffs this year, they've already been weeded out. And since Deron Williams left, the Jazz are much more tolerable to me now. Anyway, I digest. Here is my one bracket:




I try not to base my decision on my emotions, but I would agree with someone if they told me that I'm still wishfully thinking. But, if I am wishful thinking, it's just BARELY. This bracket is still possible. If I was fully wishfully thinking, the Lakers would get eliminated in the first round by the Hornets. Even though it would be sweet to watch the Spurs kick them out in the semi-finals (as I have predicted here), I would rather weed them out right away. I really like to watch close games, and feel the suspense of not knowing who will win, except when it comes to the Lakers. I would love to see them get swept in the first round, and lose each game by 50 points. Most people would change the channel out of boredom. I would watch all of those games until the final buzzer. Why do I hate the Lakers so much? Anyone reading this who has or had a two-year-old child could understand. When the child doesn't get what he or she wants, they will throw temper tantrums, hit their siblings, cry, scream, disobey, and take their punishment only when forced upon them. A good mother will have patience, teach them to be nice and civilized, accept consequence for their actions, and teach them that they can't have everything they want. They will love them and teach them how to play nice and grow up to be courteous and kind. But what if the tantrum thrower is a grown man in his thirties? This describes most of the players on the Lakers. Do you teach them to play nice? To accept consequences? No, you kick their butt in basketball, assuming they haven't headbutted your star player yet.

Anyway, got on a tangent again.

Just like every year, I'm not so sure about my predictions for the East. I don't pay as much attention to them. I am more confident this year, but I think that the Magic can beat the Bulls in the second round. If the Bulls beat them (as I've predicted), I think that they have a good shot at beating the Celtics too and the finals would be Spurs vs. Bulls.

That is all.

5 comments:

  1. Boooooorrrrrriiiiiinnnnnngggg. . . . I was waiting for fun, entertaining and hateful political rhetoric and I got sports crap. Sucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? The NBA playoffs are super exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched much this year, but...Go Spurs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. see, all I read was blah, blah, blah...play offs. (and to be honest, I'm not even sure what THAT means)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luanne, more exciting than Mike's political commentary? I beg to differ. . . ;)

    ReplyDelete