Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Here's boring for you.

From the very beginning, I never wanted my blogdom to be any sort of propagandized political temper tantrum (or as I like to call it, a “PPTT”). I’ve always made fun of people with a single digit online following who blog passionately about politics, revolutions, and non-role model type athletes. I’ve become that person, minus the revolutions. And passion.

When people tell me that they’ve read my blog, I usually respond with, “Oh, that’s embarrassing.” People who are trying to be modest, but are actually happy to hear that someone is taking interest in their work most commonly use this phrase (like Andy Bernard). Not me, I am actually embarrassed. I know that I’m super opinionated and young, and when I write, I think I know who’s going to be reading it. Then I find out that someone I didn’t expect to read it is reading it. I try to remember what I said and if it has the potential to offend this particular reader. When I blog, I act like I’m a “no excuses, no regrets” kind of person, but I’m not. I like to think that I’m conscious and respectful of other feelings and opinions. This blog is my outlet to vent, but in real life I’m much more reserved. I like to unleash on the unsuspecting cyber-world where it seems that there is a bigger safety net. No, I haven’t recently offended someone (that I’m aware of), that’s not the reason for this post. I always thought it would be fun to be a political journalist, but my past style of writing is much too extreme and loose to be taken seriously. I also feel that I lack a good dose of life experience, another reason why I am sometimes embarrassed by what I write. When I say I’m sick of the current political scene, I imagine that someone with more life experience is thinking, “People have always felt this way with every president, it’s nothing new,” which is probably true, and my naivety is exposed. I have also learned that online debating is sort of like the Special Olympics; even if you win, you’re still retarded.

So, here’s my stance on the current political landscape; I’m just waiting out the storm, but I can’t see a safe shore, or even an island yet. I’m tired of arguing and debating, and I’m almost certain that Obama won’t even be around after 2012. I don’t see much need to argue anymore, because I don’t know many people who hold high approval of Obama anyway. I just hope that someone will show up to take his place that I feel comfortable voting for, and soon.

Donald Trump is seriously thinking about running. Heaven help us all.

Hilary Clinton has announced that she will end her career in 2012. “Ding-dong, the witch is dead!” However, I doubt we’ll never see her again.

I would vote for Palin if she ran, but I’m not sure if enough other Americans would. And she’s not the ideal candidate for me anyway.

Of course, then we have an economic wiz. A man with a business degree from Harvard, led Bain & Company out of a financial crisis as an emergency CEO, and then started his own investment firm that grew to be one of the largest and most successful in the nation. This man took control of Salt Lake City’s winter Olympics when they were in massive debt and turned it into massive profit. A man who governed a state into stronger financial security by not being afraid of spending cuts. A man such as he is refreshing to hear about amid huge American deficits. This man is Mitt Romney. Oh wait; he’s that Mormon guy, never mind.

Here is my current beacon of hope: A man by the name of Herman Cain. If you haven’t heard anything about him, look him up. The reason you probably haven’t heard anything about him is because he talks about integrity and morality, and those attributes are shunned by the world today. I still have yet to give this man my entire support, I’m going to need to see more of him first, but I’m very hopeful and happy with what I’ve heard so far. I won’t say much about his political scene now, because I don’t want to give him the official Hardy endorsement yet, but I do want to say something that I’m a little hesitant to say. You see, he’s an African-American and part of the reason I hope he turns out to be a great and successful candidate is because I really want to shut up the liberals who try to tell me that I’m a racist because I don’t like Obama. Of course if I vote for him based on that fact alone, I’m no better than the dummies that voted for Obama based on his skin color in 2008. But wouldn’t that be great? I see it as a way to prove that we actually make decisions based on the merits of the individual, but I’m sure they’ll find a way to make it seem like we’re still uneducated rednecks. I can already hear them saying that he was voted by a racist group trying to mask their racism.

Cain captivates me when I hear him speak. He is like a preacher giving a sermon, speaking boldly, powerfully, and not afraid to speak the truth. It’s refreshing to hear a man who can call a spade a spade. Let’s hope he maintains his good moral character and proves himself an honest candidate. Here is one event that he spoke at. The video is 15 minutes long, and being part of the “need-to-be-constantly-stimulated-by-short-bits-of-mediocre-entertainment” generation I didn’t want to spend that much time watching it. But once it started, I was hooked for the entire speech. I also watched his 30-minute speech at CPAC, and I would recommend it.

Take it away, Keenan!





5 comments:

  1. so....what's wrong with Mitt being mormon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't read much Mitt commentary huh? I have no problem with him being a Mormon (obviously). But people are making a huge deal out of it. Like he's going to indoctrinate the whole nation and make us do "cultish" rituals or whatever secret things go on inside temples. There's a whole book about him and why Mormons shouldn't be given political power. It's true in the case of Harry Reid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is what Mitt would do, right? I mean those mormons do weird stuff inside that temple thing. That's what I heard. I also heard that if Mitt became president the whole world would be forced into garments and we would have rituals and stuff. Ok, I didn't really hear that but it's just as ridiculous as everything else, right? Yeah, it is.
    I really like this post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh...what are we talking about? I'm still trying to figure out how Fatty got that camera inside my mirror this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny Jeigh because I know that's what you do when you think no one is looking.

    ReplyDelete