Saturday, April 17, 2010

Basketball and Beetles

It's time for something that most of you don't care about.

It's NBA Playoff time and I made two brackets. Here's what I WANT to happen:



This deserves some explanation. Where I wrote "Don't Care", I actually do care. I have a lot of emotion and opinion (and emotional opinions) for every series in the playoffs, but what I'm trying to convey here is that the Spurs are my very favorite team and I don't care how, but I want them to take it all. You'll notice that I predicted a result for 3 additional series'. Those are the teams that I hate and want to be eliminated in the first round. As most of you know, I'm an avid Laker hater (it's a hobby). I want them gone as soon as possible. My second least favorite team is the Jazz (crazy Mormon fans, I'll talk about it some other time). I want them gone. Atlanta Hawks . . . not sure why I hate them, but they are number 3 on my hate list, soooooo: gone.

Anyone who is NBA literate and reading this blog knows that I have completely lost my mind with this bracket. As much as I hate to admit it, the Spurs suck this year and are lucky to be in the playoffs at all. Also, the Lakers are good and will most likely not be eliminated in the first round. So, for all of you who are dying to know, I made another bracket for what I think will ACTUALLY happen:



Perhaps I'm still thinking wishfully. The Eastern conference was easy, but the Western conference required me to think a little bit. I think that Denver will have a difficult time with Utah, but will ultimately pull it off. Then, my prediction for the winner between the Lakers and Nuggets is easily debated, but I thought that the Nuggs are ready to make sure that this is not a repeat of last year's Western conference finals. Plus the Lakers have really been playing bad in the past few games. Ultimately I picked the Nuggets because they beat the Lakers 3-1 in the regular season. Also the Nuggets are in my top three favorite teams and the Lakers are douchebags (Is that offensive to some readers? Sorry, I couldn't think of another word to describe them). I think Phoenix will beat Dallas and Denver (much to my disappointment) because they have been playing scary good lately. Honestly though when I was putting this together I surprised myself in saying that Phoenix would get to the finals. That's easily debated too. And then, ultimately the Cleveland Cavaliers are the best team in the league and they are going to take it. If I were to bet money on anything from my bracket, it would be that the Cavs take it all this year. Everything else is shaky. I mean, Shaq single-handedly gave 3 wins to the Lakers, so why wouldn't he step it up for the Cavs? The only reason I said that is to burn Kobe fans because even though they won't admit it, they know that Shaq is the reason for Kobe's first 3 wins.

Um, that's all.

Oh yeah, is anyone else annoyed that Volkswagon is trying to start up the "slug bug" game again?

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for fun marketing schemes, but they say you should hit someone for every Volkswagen you see, not just bugs. And that is NOT how the game goes.

    Douchebags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope the nuggets make it; I know you already know that. That's all.

    ReplyDelete