Saturday, February 28, 2009

I . . . Hate . . . Blogs

There are a few things in my life that I thought I would never do. Unfortunately for me, I have been insensitively verbal to many people about the these things, and now I have to eat my bitter, spoiled words. For instance, I thought that I would never join a social networking site. To me these sites are designed for shallow people to compete with other shallow people in a race to get the longest list of friends possible, whether they know their "friends" or not. I found out later that I was right, but that you can also join these sites to talk to people that you are actually friends with. So, I gave in. I'm sure that I will talk about social networking sites sometime later, so stay tuned!

Secondly, I thought that I would never, ever start a blog. Many blogs that I've seen are created by half-wits with a vain attempt to talk about something intelligent, thinking that they will somehow make a difference in the world. But to quote a shirt I once saw; "Blogging: Never have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few."

Now that I've brutally insulted many of my friends (actual friends) who are reading this, I must digress.

I realized recently that I complain a lot. I keep it mostly in my head, and it is not healthy! I swear, I will contract an ulcer over the anger that generates within my mushy, pinkish skin. I also realized recently that saying what is on my mind is very healthy. I've found that when I talk to others about the crap that bothers me, I usually end up laughing about it hysterically. So, I started this blog primarily just to complain.

Now I want to be VERY CLEAR: I will probably talk about topics that are heavily propaganded already, such as politics, but I am not trying to "open your eyes to the truth," nor trying to make a difference, nor start a revolution, nor recruit a small army to forcefully overtake a small country. If there is ANYTHING at all that I would want you to get out of this blog, it would be a few laughs. I want to try and see the humor in the inconveniences that the world craps down on me. (Is "propaganded" a word?)

Some of you are reading this right now because I gave you the link and directed you to it, but I've gotta say (and I mean no discourtesy), I don't care if you read this or not. This is mainly an outlet for me to vent, laugh, and perhaps keep my body as young as my age by releasing huge amounts of steam. If I can give you a few laughs along the way, then I feel like maybe I've helped you out a little too. So, stay tuned for more, or don't.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I will be here and whether you care or not adding a few cents of my own. I can't wait, to hear about the things that are bothering you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you wouldn't feel so old if you weren't so fat.

    ReplyDelete